March 2, 2013

Father Jah - Manuscripture of the Father as Inspired By D.R.U.G.S. (Dope Real Under Ground Sh*t)

I'm a big Father Jah fan. I really don't understand why he's not more popular. Probably the whole being from and operating out of Louisville thing (no shots, I love the city). On this album he's teaming up with a producer named Drugs Beats. Drugs Beats has done work for the likes of 50 Cent and Killer Mike.

A lot of the beats on here utilize samples that are super chopped up. I'm not the biggest fan of that style. Sometimes it works (When I'm Gone, Baby, Lovin My Life) other times it doesn't (the Flashlight and Message samples). The more traditional style beats on the album are really strong though. I wish there were more of them. I guess if that's the worst thing I can say about the album then that means it's still pretty good, right? For what it's worth I'm going to cop a physical copy even though Father Jah sent me the mp3's for free.

Best song: Get In Line

No comments:

Post a Comment