October 13, 2007

DJ Clue: Show Me The Money (1997)

For as much as we used to hate on Clue he wasn't really so bad in hindsight. Yeah, he's not really DJ'ing. At least not once he got big. His tapes were pretty much about the exclusives & the people he could get to freestyle on it. But I won't front, if the tracklist was right I'd cop. On this one you have Cru, Cormega, Buckshot, Rampage, Krs, Iman Thug, Large Professor right next to Mase, Puff, Lox, Jay-Z, Mary J, Yvette Michelle, etc. You're pretty much not going to get a mixture like that anymore. Not that you'd want to. I'm just sayin...

This one either came out right before Biggie died or right after. I can't remember but I'd guess that it was right before because they don't mention RIP or anything. All I remember for sure is I copped this tape asap because he had 2 Big joints before the album dropped. The tape is littered with old LOX joints too. This is Lox at thier best if you ask me. I know back in the day somebody compiled all the classic Lox mixtape songs/freestyles. If you have a copy of that hit me. This is also the Clue tape I mentioned in my Jay-Z post a few days ago. But I was wrong about it having a 3rd version of "Dead or Alive." It's just regular old part 2. It does have an incredible freestyle from Hov over The Benjamins tho.

ps: I got one of my all time favorite sayings off this tape. It's from the Mase freestyle. "How I'm gonna live with the full blown hiv?" That line is classic but I still can't believe the guy blew up.

I didn't split the tracks on here either. Nor did I add any effects after I encoded. My presets actually made this one sound worse & I don't feel like messing around with it.

13 comments:

  1. Thanks man, I always dig the old mixtapes

    ReplyDelete
  2. A - do you happen to have the full length Buckshot songs that are on this mixtape? I've been looking forever and ever...right on...let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nah, I don't have those songs. Sorry. I know there was a 12" though cuz my dude had it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EXACTLY!
    The 12" that NO ONE has anymore.
    Man if these songs ever find you let me know.
    thaddclark@gmail.com
    Right on...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alright... I'll ask my dude about it but I don't expect much. All of his records are in his moms basement & he only comes back to town on holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HA! That's the same thing Just Blaze said when I asked him if he had the record!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In all honesty I've been looking for this mixtape for the past 6 years. Good lookin' and I'll name my first born after you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YALL PUTTING IN WORK ON THE NET BEEN FINDING ALL HARD SHIT TO FIND YOU GOT SHOW ME THE MONEY PART 2 NEED THAT MAREY J BLIDGE REMIX LOVE IS ALL WE NEED AND LOX SONG CALLED LIFE SHIT ALSO CLUNINO 98 PLATINUM PLUS TRIPLE PLATINUM I GOT 456 CLUMANATI 1 AND 2 AND SPRINGTIME STICK UP

    ReplyDelete
  9. This came out before Biggie Died........This is a classic mixtape. This is one of the best hip hop sites ever tho. Props

    ReplyDelete
  10. i used to have this one!!!i had the best of lox that you mentioned, but i lend it to my man jopparelli and i believe he still have it: ask him if he can rip it over at http://musicselections.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I BEEN FIENDING FOR THIS JOINT FOR YEARS. THANX

    ReplyDelete